1. Stop and go away for another day.
2. Back onto the curb and avoid the puddle.
3. Collect in empty bottles and store in pantry.
4. Spill on head of annoying writers.
5. Contemplate the spaces between the drops.
6. Separate the old drops from the new.
7. Splash in another’s puddle until you’re wet.
8. Get over the other’s puddle.
9. Don’t listen to the rain.
10. Walk about in the rain until drenched.
11. Dry out your shoes.
12. Wear wet socks all day.
13. Remember it’s never about something, it’s about everything contained in a single plop.
14. Wash your greasy hair in it.
15. Watch it slide down glass as long as you can.
16. Do with the rain what you will.
Here’s the London band the Woodentops.